Rabium DSR Capsule is known to be a part of a group of drugs known as dopamine antagonists. It helps in preventing the tendency to vomit and nausea in patients who are suffering from gastrointestinal issues and also in people suffering undergoing medication for Parkinson’s disease. Rabium DSR medicine helps tighten the muscles close to the the stomach’s entrance and even relaxes the muscles present at the exit of the stomach. This quickens the procedure of passing of food you take in from your stomach to the intestine, which in turn reduces the feeling of sickness and nausea and prevents vomiting. Rabium DSR tablet can also block or reduce stimulation in your brains’s ‘vomiting centre’, which is quite helpful for reducing the feeling of vomiting and nausea.
Rabium DSR is a combination of Domperidone and Rabeprazole medicines which helps relieve the possible symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Lets’s now give you an answer to the question ‘What is Rabium DSR used for?’ Rabium DSR Capsule is known to be a part of group of drugs called dopamine antagonists. Rabium DSR tablet is used for the treatment of slow passage of good in the gastrointestinal of the patient which is mostly associated with diabetes or gastritis. All the people suffering from these types of conditions can take this capsule for the treatment of symptoms of bloating, nausea, vomiting or feeling full.
Not only that, use of Rabium DSR capsule also include preventing nausea and vomiting which is associated with Parkinson’s disease. This medicine helps empty your stomach quickly and thus reducing nausea. It also blocks or reduces stimulation in brain’s part called ‘vomiting centre’. This suppressed the nerve messages which comes from your gut and prevents the feeling of vomiting and nausea. It is available in tablet/capsule as well as suspension form hence it can be taken orally.
It is a well known medicine which is used to treat Gastric acidity, Treatment for symptoms associated with Stomach ulcers, Gas, Gastro-intestinal reflux, idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis, Treatment for intractable nausea and vomiting and various other conditions.
The list of Rabium DSR uses and indications are as mentioned below :
- Gastric acidity
- Treatment of symptoms which are associated with diabetic gastroparesis or idiopathic
- Intestinal ulcers
- Gastric ulcer
- Stomach ulcers
- Treating vomiting and intractable nausea
- Belching and heavy bloating
- Fullness of stomach
- Gastro-intestinal reflux
- Rabium DSR Capsule may also be prescribed for conditions which are not listed here.
Doctors advise not to take Rabium DSR Capsule if you have the conditions mentioned below:
- Allergy to one or more ingredient of this medicine
- Problems of Bleeding or blockage in your intestine or stomach
- Tumour in the pituitary gland
- Cardiac disease
- Incorrect magnesium, potassium or calcium levels in the blood
- Moderate/Severe liver impairment
This is all about the Rabium DSR purpose and uses.
Rabium DSR Side Effects can be be one or more of the following: migraine, diarrhea, headache, breast pain or dryness of the mouth. These side effects are not known to be very common and usually vanish in a few days. If not, you may need to take advice of your doctor. Also, you must consult your doctor and stop taking Rabium DSR Capsule if you experience one of the these side effects:
- Heart beat Irregularity
- Faintness or dizziness like feeling
- Breathing difficulty, swelling of the face or throat
- Irregularities in menstrual cycle
- Breast milk discharge from the nipple
- Breast swelling in males
These were the Rabium DSR Capsule Side Effects. Let us now check out its price.
Rabium DSR MRP (Maximum Retail Price) – Rs.124 (15 Capsules in 1 Strip).
Rabium DSR Tablet Price – Rs.8.27/Capsule.
After checking the Price of Rabium DSR capsule, let check out its substitutes.
Here is the list of Rabium DSR Substitute medicines, having same strength, composition, and form as that that of Rabium DSR Capsule.
- Cyra-D Capsule SR (Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd)
- Pepcia D 30 Mg/20 Mg Capsule Sr (FDC Ltd)
- Rabopep-DSR Capsule (Seagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd)
- Rabitop D 30 Mg/20 Mg Capsule Sr (Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd)
- Rabezox D 30mg/20mg Tablet SR (Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd)
- Rebozen D 30 Mg/20 Mg Capsule Sr (Leeford Healthcare Ltd)
- Acera-D Capsule Sr (Ipca Laboratories Ltd)
- Roles-D Capsule Sr (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd)
- Cyclochek Capsule Sr (Indoco Remedies Ltd)
- Strovo D SR Tablet (Dr. Johns Laboratories Pvt Ltd)
- Rabidura D Sr Capsule (Edura Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd)
- Drego-D Capsule Sr (USV Ltd)
- Ropraz-D Sr Capsule (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd)
- Sonirab-Dsr Capsule (Ronyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd)
- Rabemac-D Sr Capsule (Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd)
- Zaxid-D 30Mg/20Mg Capsule Sr (Akumentis Healthcare Ltd)
The usual Rabium DSR Dose is 10 mg, which is normally consumed 15-30 minutes before taking your meals. For Adults, Rabium DSR dosage may be up to 30 mg. The dosage of Rabium DSR would that would suit you is dependent on your body weight, your present health condition and other medication you are taking currently. Please make sure that you take Rabium DSR Capsule in the same dose as suggested by the doctor. Just in case you miss a dose of Rabium DSR, you can have it later. However, it is advised not to take 2 doses of the capsule at a time in order to make up for the missed dose. Rabium DSR Overdose can cause problems like light-headedness, disorientation, losing muscle or balance control or difficulty while talking.
- Domperidone – 30 MG
- Rabeprazole – 20 MG
An important point to note here is that this medicine may be also be available in different strengths for each one of the active ingredient which are listed above.
After having a look at the Rabium DSR Salt, lets know its precautions and how to use it.
Precautions & How to Use
You must have this medicine in the same dose and duration as suggested by the doctor. You should swallow this medicine as a whole and must not chew, break or crush it. The best time to take this medicine is 30 minutes before taking food. So, Rabium DSR before food is the best way to take it.
- Avoid to operate machinery or to drive
- QT prolongating agents shouldn’t be used concurrently
- Discontinue using the medicine if you you experience any symptoms which are associated with cardiac arrhythmia
- Helps treat reflux or GERD
- Increased risk for lupus and osteoporosis
- Consult your doctor if you are taking atazanavir, nelfinavir, or rilpivirine
- Elderly patients
- Patients having bradycardia
- Patients having cardiac diseases
Action and Related Warnings
There are a few Actions and related warnings you must consider while taking it :
Alcohol : If you take a large amount of alcohol it can increase the acidity and can cause acid reflux in your food pipe, thereby causing heartburn. This, in turn would decrease the effect of this medicine and may even aggravate your current condition.
Pregnancy : Rabium-DSR Capsule may be considered to be unsafe for using during pregnancy. Various Animal studies have been conducted which shows adverse effects on the foetus, but there have been very limited human studies on this. The benefits taking Rabium DSR during pregnancy may be acceptable inspite of the risk associated with it. However, you must get in touch with your doctor.
Lactaction : Rabium DSR Capsule may be considered unsafe for using during lactation. Some of the human data suggest that this medicine could be a possible risk to the baby.
Driving : Rabium-DSR Capsule may make you feel sleepy or sleepy or tired and it may also decrease your alertness. If you observe any of this symptom, do not drive.
Kidney : Rabium-DSR Capsule must always be used with caution in the patients suffering from kidney disease. In such patients, a dose adjustment may be required. You must get in touch with your doctor for the same.
Liver : Rabium-DSR Capsule must be used with caution in patients who are suffering from liver disease. In such patients, a dose adjustment may be required. You must consult your doctor for the same. For all the patients suffering from moderate and severe liver disease, Rabium-DSR Capsule is not recommended.
In case of Acidity, you can also consider taking Ocid 20 capsule.